Feature Complete!

Our concept artist, Tony, whipped up some really cool concept art and 2D animations for our game this week. We hope you like it 🙂

This week I worked on the final networking pieces to have a complete game. We created a menu interface that allows users to select their team as well as their class. In addition we added a debug mode so that it’s easier to test the prototype. Finally we made the disconnect and crash logic a lot more robust. Before, if a player logged off or disconnected mid game, the game would break. Now our game gracefully handles disconnection.

The end of the week brings the completion of our core feature list. We now have a fully functioning team based multiplayer game with different classes and abilities. However, the final month of the program is definitely going to be the most challenging so far, as there is definitely a ton of polish we want to get in, including a First Time User Experience, audio, bug fixing, VFX, and a cohesive feel for the level. Below you can see the current work in progress of the blue team’s main base.

 

This week I also had a great time meeting up with 10 or so Launchpadders in the bay area. We got to try out each other’s apps, catch up, as well as just have a great time in general.  We are definitely looking forward to the next one!

That’s it. See you all next week 🙂